Delhi Police Constable Recruitment 2023: The Delhi Police Constable Recruitment 2023 is here, offering 7547 vacancies for the post of Constable (Executive) in the Delhi Police Force. This recruitment drive is conducted by the Staff Selection Commission (SSC), and if you meet the eligibility criteria, you can apply online from 1st September 2023 to 30th September 2023. This article will provide you with all the essential information about the Delhi Police Constable Recruitment 2023, including important dates, vacancy details, eligibility criteria, selection process, exam pattern, and more.
Delhi Police Constable Recruitment 2023 Exam Dates:
Let’s start with an overview of the Delhi Police Constable Recruitment 2023. The recruitment process is conducted by the Delhi Police and the exam is organized by the Staff Selection Commission (SSC). Here are the key details you need to know:
|Exam Conducting Body||Delhi Police|
|Exam Name||Delhi Police Constable 2023|
|Delhi Police Constable Vacancy 2023||7547|
|Delhi Police Constable Online Registration||1st September 2023 to 30th September 2023|
|Delhi Police Constable Selection Process||Online Test- PE & MT|
|Delhi Police Constable Exam Date 2023||14th, 15th, 16th, 17th, 20th, 21st, 22nd, 23rd, 28th, 29th, 30th November 2023, and 1st, 2nd, and 3rd December 2023|
|Delhi Police Constable Salary 2023||Rs 21,700- Rs. 69,100/-|
|Job Location||Delhi NCR|
|Delhi Police’s Official website||https://delhipolice.gov.in/|
Notification and Important Dates:
The official notification for the Delhi Police Constable Recruitment 2023 has been released. It is crucial to stay updated with the important dates related to the recruitment process. Here are the key dates you should mark on your calendar:
- SSC Delhi Police Constable Notification Release Date: 1st September 2023
- SSC Delhi Police Constable Apply Online Starts: 1st September 2023
- On-line registration Ends on: 30th September 2023 (11.00 pm)
- Last date for Online Fee Pay: 30th September 2023 (11.00 p.m.)
- Dates of ‘Window for Application Form Correction and online payment of Correction Charges: 03rd October 2023 to 04th October 2023 (11.00 pm)
- SSC Delhi Police Constable Admit Card 2023: November 2023
- SSC Delhi Police Constable Exam Date 2023: 14th, 15th, 16th, 17th, 20th, 21st, 22nd, 23rd, 28th, 29th, 30th November 2023, and 1st, 2nd, and 3rd December 2023
Please note that these dates are subject to change, so it is advisable to keep checking the official website for any updates.
The Delhi Police Constable Recruitment 2023 aims to fill 7547 vacancies for the post of Constable (Executive). The vacancies are divided into different categories to ensure equal opportunities for all candidates. Here is the category-wise distribution of vacancies:
|Post Name||UR||EWS||OBC||SC||ST||Total Vacancies|
|Constable (Exe.) Male (Open)||3053||542||2822||878||723||5056|
|Constable (Exe.) Female||1502||268||814||242||151||2491|
As you can see, there are ample opportunities for both male and female candidates to join the Delhi Police force. Make sure to check the official notification for detailed information about category-wise reservations and eligibility criteria.
Eligibility Criteria For Delhi Police Recruitment:
- Education Qualification: Candidates must have passed 10+2 (Senior Secondary) from a recognized school board on the closing date of receipt of online applications.
- Relaxation up to the 11th pass is allowed for Bandsmen, buglers, mounted constables, drivers, dispatch riders, etc. of Delhi Police only.
- Sons of serving, deceased, and retired police personnel, including Multi-Tasking Staff of Delhi Police, are also eligible with a minimum qualification of 11th pass.
- Age Limit: The age of the candidate should be between 18 and 25 years as of 30th September 2023.
- SC or ST: Up to 5 years of relaxation
- Other Backward Class (OBC): Up to 3 years of relaxation
- Sportsmen of Distinction: Up to 5 years relaxation for national/international level representation
- General Category (UR) – Departmental Candidates of Delhi Police: Up to 40 years of relaxation
- OBC – Departmental Candidates of Delhi Police: Up to 43 years of relaxation
- SC/ST – Departmental Candidates of Delhi Police: Up to 45 years of relaxation
- Sons of Serving, Retired, or Deceased Police Personnel/MTS of Delhi Police: Up to 29 years of relaxation
- Essential Requirement: For the post of Const. (Exe.) Male in Delhi Police, candidates must possess a valid driving license for LMV (Motorcycle or Car) on the date of the Physical Endurance & Measurement Test (PE&MT). A learner’s license will not be acceptable.
- Physical Standards: The physical standards for Delhi Police Constable Recruitment 2023 are as follows:
- For Males: Minimum height of 170 cm for all categories except residents of hill areas and ST candidates, for whom the minimum height is 165 cm. Chest measurement should be 81-85 cm with a minimum expansion of 4 cm.
- For Females: Minimum height of 157 cm for all categories except residents of hill areas and SC/ST candidates, for whom the minimum height is 155 cm. No chest measurement is applicable for females.
The selection process for the Delhi Police Constable Recruitment 2023 consists of two stages: the Online Computer-Based Test and the Physical Endurance & Measurement Test (PE&MT). Let’s understand each stage in detail:
- Online Computer-Based Test: The first stage of the selection process is the Computer Based Examination. The CBE comprises a single objective paper containing 100 questions, with each question carrying 1 mark. The duration of the test is 90 minutes. The question paper will have Matriculation Level Questions. It covers topics such as Reasoning, General Knowledge/Current Affairs, Numerical Ability, and Computer Fundamentals. There will be 0.25 negative marks for each incorrect answer. To be eligible for the Physical Test, candidates need to score a minimum of 35% (General Category), 30% (SC/ST/OBC/EWS), or 25% (Ex-servicemen) in the Computer Based Examination.
- Physical Endurance & Measurement Test (PE&MT): Candidates who qualify for the Computer-Based Examination will be called for the Physical Endurance & Measurement Test. This test assesses the physical fitness and endurance of the candidates through activities like race, long jump, and high jump. The standards for the test vary based on age and gender.
What Is The Application Process For Delhi Police Recruitment 2023?
If you meet the eligibility criteria, you can apply for the Delhi Police Constable Recruitment 2023 through the online application process. Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Visit the official website of Delhi Police https://delhipolice.gov.in/ or click on the provided Apply Online link.
- On the homepage, search for “New Registration” and click on the link.
- Complete the required steps to create your Registration ID and password.
- Log in using your credentials.
- Fill out the application form carefully, providing accurate information.
- Upload the required documents, including your scanned photograph and signature, as per the specified guidelines.
- Preview the form and make sure all the details are correct.
- Submit the application and take a printout for future reference.
Please note that the application fee for the Delhi Police Constable Recruitment 2023 is Rs. 100 for candidates belonging to the General and OBC categories. However, candidates from SC/ST/PWBD and female categories are exempted from paying the fee.
Syllabus And Exam Pattern:
To excel in the Delhi Police Constable Exam 2023, it is crucial to understand the syllabus and exam pattern. Here is a brief overview of the topics covered and the marking scheme:
- Reasoning: This section assesses the candidate’s logical reasoning and analytical skills. It includes topics like analogies, similarities, and differences, spatial visualization, spatial orientation, problem-solving, analysis, judgment, decision-making, visual memory, discrimination, observation, relationship concepts, arithmetic reasoning, verbal and figure classification, arithmetical number series, non-verbal series, coding and decoding, statement conclusion, syllogistic reasoning, etc.
- General Knowledge/Current Affairs: This section tests the candidate’s awareness of current events and general knowledge. It covers topics like history, geography, Indian polity, Indian economy, general science, world organizations, sports, famous personalities, awards and honors, books and authors, current affairs, etc.
- Numerical Ability: This section evaluates the candidate’s mathematical aptitude and problem-solving skills. It includes topics like number systems, decimals and fractions, relationships between numbers, percentages, ratios and proportions, averages, interest, profit and loss, discount, time and distance, time and work, etc.
- Computer Knowledge: This section assesses the candidate’s basic knowledge of computer fundamentals and applications. It covers topics like MS Excel, MS Word, communication, internet, WWW and web browsers, etc.
The Computer-Based Examination comprises 100 questions, with each question carrying 1 mark. The duration of the exam is 90 minutes. Candidates should aim to score above the minimum qualifying marks to secure a place in the Physical Test.
Admit Card And Cut Off:
The Delhi Police Constable Admit Card 2023 will be released a few weeks before the Online Test. Candidates can download the admit card from the official website by entering their registration details. The admit card is a crucial document that must be carried to the examination center along with a valid photo ID proof.
SSC will announce the cut-off marks for the Delhi Police Constable CBT Exam. Cut-off marks represent the minimum score required to qualify for the next stage of the selection process. Board will announce the cut-off marks based on factors like the number of candidates, the difficulty level of the exam, and the number of vacancies available.
The Delhi Police Constable Recruitment 2023 is a golden opportunity for aspiring candidates who wish to serve the nation by joining the Delhi Police force. Make sure to carefully go through the official notification for detailed information about the application process, eligibility criteria, and selection process. Prepare diligently by understanding the exam syllabus and pattern, solving previous year’s papers, and staying updated with current affairs. With dedication and hard work, you can secure a place in the Delhi Police force and contribute to maintaining law and order in the capital city. Apply now and embark on an exciting and rewarding career journey.