UGC NET Result 2023: UGC NET stands for University Grants Commission National Eligibility Test. The National Testing Agency (NTA) conducts a national-level examination in India on behalf of the University Grants Commission (UGC). The UGC NET exam assesses candidates for Assistant Professor roles and grants Junior Research Fellowships (JRF) in Indian universities.
The UGC NET exam is typically held twice a year, in June and December. It covers various subjects and disciplines, and candidates need to choose their preferred subject while applying for the exam. The National Testing Agency will release the UGC NET Result in 2023 after the successful completion of the examination. Candidates can access the result on the official website of NTA or UGC by providing their registration number and other necessary details.
UGC NET Result 2023:
|Name of the organization.||National Testing Agency (NTA).|
|Name of the Exam.||University Grants Commission (UGC)|
|UGC NET Result 2023 Release Date||25th July 2023.|
|UGC NET Exam Occurrence.||Twice a Year.|
|UGC NET Official website.||https://ugcnet.nta.nic.in/ or|
UGC NET Result 2023 Release Date And Time Details:
The UGC NET June result 2023 is soon to be revealed by the National Testing Agency (NTA). M Jagadesh Kumar, the UGC chairman, has reported that the result will be out on either the 26th or 27th of July. All the contestants who have taken part in the exam can access their results on https://ugcnet.nta.nic.in/ and https://ntaresults.nic.in/ The provisional answer key was released by the NTA on the 6th of July and the final answer key will be out with or after the publication of the result.
The UGC NET June exam was done on computer systems in two phases. The initial phase ran from June 13 to 17, while the second was from June 19 to 22, 2023. Nearly 6.39 lakh people took the exam in 181 cities across India. The notification has it that only 6% of the applicants who did both papers will be qualified. Additionally, the passing grade is 40% for General and 35% for OBC – NCL/PWD/ST/SC.
The declaration of the UGC NET June 2023 outcome is anticipated to take place on July 25th. The National Testing Agency (NTA) will make the results available on its official website, and it is assumed that this will be done at 11:00 am. However, the exact time has not been specified by the administering body.
How To Check UGC NET Result 2023 Online?
In order to check UGC NET Result 2023, the applicant needs to follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Go to the official website of the National Testing Agency (NTA) or the University Grants Commission (UGC). You can also check the NTA’s dedicated UGC NET portal.
- Look for “UGC NET June Result 2023”: On the website’s home page, you may find a section specifically dedicated to UGC NET examinations. Look for the link or notification related to the “UGC NET June Result 2023.”
- Once you find the relevant link for the UGC NET June 2023 Result, click on it to proceed.
- To access your result, you will need to enter your registration number or roll number or application number, and other essential details, such as date of birth or security pin (password). Make sure to enter the correct information.
- Click on the ‘Submit’ button after entering the required details to display your UGC NET June 2023 Result on the screen. You can view your score, rank, and qualification status. Ensure to download and save a copy of the result for future reference.
- If needed, you can also take a printout of the UGC NET June 2023 Result for documentation purposes.
Minimum Qualifying Marks – UGC Net Result 2023:
The University Grants Commission (UGC) or the National Testing Agency (NTA), which conducts the UGC NET exam, determines the minimum qualifying marks for UGC NET, which can vary from year to year. The authorities usually set the qualifying marks based on various factors, including the difficulty level of the exam, the number of candidates appearing for the test, and the overall performance of the candidates.
To qualify for UGC NET 2023, the general category must obtain a score of 40% or higher in both papers I and II. Those who attain this mark or above will be declared qualified. For OBC NCL/PWD/ST/S, the required score to qualify is 35% on both papers. The cut-off for each category is listed below.
|UGC NET Minimum Qualifying Marks|
|Category||Paper I and Paper II.|
|OBC – NCL / PWD / ST / SC.||35 %|
What Factors Go Into Determining UGC NET Result In 2023?
When determining the successful applicants for UGC NET 2023, the examination board will follow these steps.
- 6% of those who took both papers of the NET will be eligible for Assistant Professor.
- When allocating slots for various categories, the Government of India will apply the reservation policy.
- General (Unreserved) or General-EWS category candidates must achieve 40% aggregate marks in both papers taken together to be considered for JRF and Assistant Professor positions, while candidates from reserved categories (SC, ST, OBC (Non-Creamy Layer), PwD, Third gender) must achieve 35% aggregate marks in both papers taken together.
- According to the following method, we will determine the number of people qualified in any subject for a particular category.
|Example: The authorities will reveal the quantity of those who qualify to be an Assistant Professor in Economics for the Scheduled Caste (SC) category.||Step II determines the allocation of a certain number of slots for Economics to the SC category. This allocation is calculated by dividing the total number of SC candidates who have achieved an aggregate score of at least 35% in both papers together by x.|
- The authorities will determine the Assistant Professor cutoff for the SC category in Economics by evaluating the combined proportion of two papers. The same approach shall be used for identifying the subject-wise cutoffs for the other groups.
- Candidates who have sought both ‘Eligibility for JRF & Eligibility for Assistant Professor’ out of the total number of qualified applicants resulting from Step IV, shall include in the pool for JRF.
UGC NET Exam 2023 Calculation Process:
- In accordance with the Indian Government’s reservation policy, the different sections apportion the overall number of JRF slots available. The method for subject-wise and category-wise distribution of JRF slots is as follows:
|A set number of individuals in the ST category have met the qualifications for Junior Research Fellowships and are eligible as Assistant Professors in Economics.||The ratio of ST candidates who opted for Junior Research Fellowship and achieved eligibility for Assistant Professor in Economics (x) to the total JRF slots accessible for the ST category (÷) is equal to the proportion of ST candidates who opted for JRF and have successfully acquired the eligibility to be Assistant Professor for all subjects.|
The total percentage of paper scores for JRF slots will determine the qualifying cut-off for ST candidates in the Economics category.
The UGC NET Exam 2023 is crucial for aspiring Assistant Professors and Junior Research Fellows. It is imperative that candidates prepare rigorously, go through the entire syllabus, and try out past papers. It is also necessary that they remain informed about all the official notifications from NTA and UGC. After the exam, it is possible to evaluate one’s performance and pursue their academic and research goals. Keeping a positive attitude and striving for excellence is essential. To ensure accurate and up-to-date information, it’s important to regularly visit official websites and follow their guidelines. The UGC NET Exam 2023 provides a great opening for candidates to develop their academic careers.