Australian Passport Application Form: The Australian Passport Application Form is commonly referred to as Form PC1. This form is used to apply for a new Australian passport, renew an existing passport, or replace a lost, stolen, or damaged passport. The application form usually collects personal information, contact details, and other necessary information.
The Australian Passport is an official travel document issued by the Australian Government to its citizens. It allows Australian citizens to travel internationally and acts as proof of identity and citizenship. The Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) is responsible for issuing and managing Australian passports. This article will explain the Australian Passport Application Form download process, Online Application Process, Fee details, and other information.
How To Apply For An Australian Passport?
For Australian who want to go abroad, getting an Australian passport is a crucial step. In order to hold a passport, applicants must complete certain conditions, which are established by the Australian passport application process. To apply for an Australian Passport, you can follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Determine your Eligibility: Make sure you are eligible for an Australian passport. Usually, you must be an Australian citizen. You should consult the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) or the official Australian Government websites for guidance if you are unsure of your citizenship status or need to apply for citizenship.
- Gather Original Documents and Two passport photos: Gather all the necessary documents for your passport application. These typically include proof of citizenship, identification documents, and two passport-sized photos that comply with photo guidelines provided by the authority.
- Ask someone to be your referee or guarantor: You will need a referee if you are applying online and you are from Australia. The referee need not sign anything, but they must be willing to verify your identification if need to get in touch with them. If you are not applying online, you will need a guarantor to sign section 11 of your Australian passport application form. Additionally, your guarantor needs to sign in black ink and write on the back of the passport photo, “This is a true photo of [your full name]”.
Australian Passport Application Process:
- Fill in your application: Get the Australian Passport Application Form. This form is available online through the official website of the Australian Government, or you can pick one up in person at an Australian Post or passport office. Fill out the form accurately and provide all the requested information.
- Lodge your Application and Pay the Fee: Submit your completed application form along with the necessary documents and payments of the passport application fee. You can submit your application by mail to the address listed on the form or by visiting an Australian passport office or Australian Post outlet in person to lodge your application.
- Receive your passport: once your application is processed and approved your passport will be issued. Once the passport is ready, you will get an email or SMS, depending on the contact details you provided. If you select to receive your passport by post, it should arrive within three weeks of email. If you select to collect your passport, it will be ready for pick-up from your chosen Passport Office.
Necessary Documents To Apply For Australian Passport:
To apply for an Australian Passport, you will generally need the following necessary documents.
Proof of Australian Citizenship:
You will need to provide evidence of your Australian citizenship. This can include:
- Australian Birth Certificate.
- Certificate of Australian citizenship.
- Australian passport (if applying for a renewal or replacement).
Proof of Identity:
You will need to provide documents that establish your identity. The following are the commonly accepted forms of identification.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Australian government-issued identity card.
- Valid foreign passport (if applicable).
You must provide two identical passport-sized photos that comply with the Australian Government’s requirements. These criteria frequently include specifications regarding size, background colour, and quality. It is recommended to have these photos taken by a professional photographer who is familiar with passport photo requirements.
Additional Supporting Documents:
Depending on your specific situation, you may need to provide additional supporting documents. Some common examples include:
- Marriage certificate or change of name documents (if your name has changed).
- Divorce or separation papers (if applicable).
- Parental consent documents (for applicants under the age of 18).
- Legal documents for parental responsibility (if applicable)
Australian Passport Fee Details:
|10-year validity passport (for persons aged 16 and over)
|5-year validity passport (for children under 16).
|5-year validity passport (optional for persons 75 and over).
|Emergency passport overseas.
|Priority processing (if eligible)
|Overseas surcharge – adult applicant.
|Overseas surcharge – child applicant.
|Observation made after passport issue.
|OTHER TRAVEL DOCUMENTS AND SERVICES
|Document of Identity.
|Certificate of Identity
|Convention Travel Document
Ways To Obtain Australian Passport Application Form:
There are several ways to obtain an Australian passport application form.
- Online: visit the official Australian Government website for passport services. Go to the passport application forms section. You can generally find downloadable versions of the application form in PDF format. Download and print the form from the website.
- Passport Office: visit an Australian passport office in person. These offices can provide you with a physical copy of the application form.
- Australian Post Outlets: Some Australian Post Outlets also provide passport services. You can visit an outlet and inquire about obtaining the application form. They may have physical copies of the form available for you to collect.
- Call or Email: You can contact the Australian Passport Information Service for assistance. They can provide guidance and may be able to mail an application form to you upon your request. You can call 131 232 to request a pre-filled form.
- Australian Diplomatic Missions or Embassies: If you are residing outside of Australia, you can contact the nearest Australian diplomatic mission or embassy. They can provide you with guidance on obtaining an application form and the necessary procedures for passport applications from your location.
For Australian who want to travel abroad, getting a passport is a significant milestone. Applicants can ensure a smooth and successful application by comprehending the process involved in the passport application process and according to the instructions supplied by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade.