Karnataka Election Results 2023: The Karnataka Elections for this year(2023) were held on the 10th of May. The Karnataka election of 2023 had 2615 candidates contesting for the 224 constituencies in the state. There are three major political parties in Karnataka state. They are Bharatiya Janatha Party, Congress Party, and Janata Dal-Secular Party. All three parties campaigned very hard and made many promises to impress the voters of Karnataka State. A party needs to win 113 seats to form the government in Karnataka.
Just as we predicted, Congress Won the Karnataka Elections with a thumping majority. With the magic figure being 113 seats, Congress is already in a position to win 130+ seats. Keeping Congress aside, BJP has a majority in 67 seats, whereas JDS is in 21.
This is a good leap for Congress after being left out for over a decade.
Final Voting Percentage Of Karnataka Elections 2023:
The Chief Election Commission of Karnataka released stats stating that approximately 72% of voters utilized their voting right. The recorded percentage until 5 PM was 65.98%, and voters were still in the queue. The authorities allowed voters in the queue by 6 PM to cast their vote. By the end of the voting day, the authorities estimated that nearly 72% of Karnataka voters had shown up to vote for their preferred candidate.
Karnataka Election 2023 Predictions: Exit Poll Results
Most media firms and surveys predicted that the Congress party would win this election, and it may win between 122 to 140 seats as its contestants are stronger than the contestants of other parties. And the Bharatiya Janata party is in the second place.
Political Parties In Karnataka And Its Important Candidates:
- Bharatiya Janata Party: The main candidate of this party in Karnataka state is Basavaraj Bommai. He is the current chief minister of Karnataka starting from the year 2021. He started his political career by joining the Janata Dal Party in 1998 and stayed till 2008. He also served as Minister of Water Resources and Cooperation from 2008 – 2013.
- Indian National Congress: The Main candidate of this party in Karnataka State is Siddaramaiah. He worked as Chief Minister from the year 2013 to 2018 and gave his resignation for various reasons. He worked for several years as a member of various Janatha Parivar Factions.
- Janata Dal-Secular: the Main Candidate of this Party in Karnataka is H.D. Kumaraswamy. He worked as the 12th Chief Minister of Karnataka from 2018 to 2019. He is called “Kumaranna” by his Party members. He is the son of H. D. Deva Gowda, who worked as the 11th prime minister of India.
Previous Election Statistics Of Karnataka:
They held the previous Elections of Karnataka on December 5th, 2019, and announced the results on December 9th. In this election, Bharatiya Janata Party won 104 seats, Indian National Congress won 80 seats, Janata Dal-Secular won 38 seats, Karnataka Pragnyavantha Janata Party won 1 seat, and Bahujan Samaj Party won 1 seat.
Important Dates Of Karnataka Elections 2023:
- The Notification for Karnataka Elections was released on the 13th of April, 2023.
- The Last date for nomination filing was on the 20th of April, 2023.
- The date on which the nominations are scrutinized is on the 21st of April, 2023.
- The Last date for candid withdrawal is on the 24th of April, 2023.
- The polling date or elections is on the 10th of May, 2023.
- The date fixed for counting the votes is the 13th of May, 2023.
Voters Of Karnataka State:
- There are 5,21,73,579 voters in the state of Karnataka.
- Among them are 2.62 crore Male voters and 2.59 crore Female voters, and 4,699 transgender voters.
- 16,976 voters have the age of 100 years or above.
- 12.15 lakh voters have age above 80 years.
- The number of disabled voters is 5.55 lakhs.
- The number of people newly added to the voter list is 9.17 lakhs.
How To Apply For Voter Identity Card In Karnataka?
- Open the “National Voter’s Services Portal” official website with the URL- https://www.nvsp.in.
- Click on the “Login” Option.
- There you have to log in with your credential. If you have not registered yet. disablersDon’t Have an Account? Register as a New User”.
- Then enter your Mobile Number, and click “Send OTP” after receiving the security code.
- An OTP will be sent to your mobile number. Enter that OTP in the given space and click ok.
- Then fill in all the necessary details and click the “Register” option.
- After successful registration, Login to the website of NVSP and click on “Form- 6 Register as a New Elector/Voter”.
- Then it will display the application form. Fill in all the necessary details correctly to avoid rejection or failure. Upload all the necessary documents and submit them.
- The system will submit your application and generate a reference number, which you can use to check the status of your application.
- The authorities will post your voter identity card to your address after a few days.
Karnataka Elections 2023 – https://ceo.karnataka.gov.in/:
Karnataka state is located in the southern part of India. Its geographical area is 3,564,972 square kilometres, with a population of 72.2 million. This state, which has 30 districts and 224 constituencies, held elections for the post of Chief Minister. They announced the results on the 9th of December, marking the end of the 2019 election year. The Congress and the Bharatiya Janata Party were the main contestants in this state. The Congress party is expected to win. Because the Congress party leads the current state government, it has more potential to form the government in the upcoming election. The other important contest in this election is between the Janata Dal-Secular and the Bahujan Samaj Party.