Apply and Check Ration Card Status: In Maharashtra, to get a new ration card, you can apply online, or you can apply directly by going to your nearest ration dealer office. The ration card is not compulsory for every citizen but can be used as identity or address proof. It is also used to avail some of the schemes provided by the government. It allows the cardholders to get the food grains at lesser prices provided by the government.
Once applying for a new ration card using any of the methods, you will get an acknowledgment number. Using this unique number, you can also see your ration card status from the official website of the Food, Civil Supplies, and Consumer Protection Department of Maharashtra.
Registration Procedure In Aaple Sarkar For Ration Card In Maharashtra:
Aaple Sarkar Portal is a portal launched and managed by the Maharashtra Government to provide e-seva services to the citizens of Maharashtra. So to apply for a new ration card in Maharashtra, you can apply through the Aaple Sarkar MahaOnline portal. But to apply for any of the services provided by Maharashtra, first, you have to Register on Aaple Sarkar Website.
Let’s see the step-by-step procedure to register on AapleSarkar Website:
- Visit the website https://aaplesarkar.mahaonline.gov.in
- Immediately after opening the website, you can see “New user? Login Here” on the right side of the page. Click on it.
- Now it shows you two ways to register.
- Registration using the phone number: In the procedure, we must enter the district as “Amravati” and our mobile number and username. Then click on “Send OTP”. Now type the received OTP and click enter. Then create your username and password and click on submit. Your profile on the Aaplesarkar website is now created.
- Registration by uploading all the personal details: In this Procedure, you have to give all your details along with the required proofs and photographs. Finally, your account will be verified with an OTP sent to your mobile number.
How To Apply For New Ration Card In Maharashtra using Aaple Sarkar?
The applicant can apply for the ration even by sitting at home if he or she has a proper internet connection. Before applying, the applicant needs to scan all the documents required and keep them ready. The online procedure to apply for Ration Card in Amravati Municipal Corporation is as follows:
- Open the website https://aaplesarkar.mahaonline.gov.in
- Login to the website using your username and password.
- Scroll down, find “Food & Public Distribution System (PDS)” and click on it.
- Now find “Issuance of New Ration Card” and select it. Then click on the proceed button on the top of all the services.
- Now it asks the applicant to sign in with the Aadhar OTP. Here it will ask you to give your aadhar number and select the gender and click on send OTP.
- An OTP will be received on the mobile linked to your aadhar card.
- Type the OTP and click on submit.
- Now an online application will be opened. Fill in all the mandatory details carefully to avoid mistakes.
- Upload all the required documents of proof. At last, check all the details again to avoid mistakes, then click on the submit button.
- After submitting, the applicant will get a reference number for future use.
- Then the application will be validated further.
- The applicant will get the application status through the contact number or the mail id specified on the application.
You can check your Ration Card Status by logging into the Aaple Sarkar website using the same login credentials.
Offline Procedure To Apply For New Ration Card In Amravati Municipal Corporation:
The people who want to apply for a new ration card must approach the dealer of the nearest ration office or the supply officer of the district or the tahsildar office. The applicant must carry all the mandatory documents to submit along with the application as proof. The procedure for the application of ration cards offline in Amravati Municipal Corporation is as follows:
- The applicant has to find out the nearest Ration office to their residence.
- Request the ration office employee for the application to get a new ration card.
- Fill in all the necessary details in the application.
- Affix the photograph in the given space or column.
- Attach all the required documents to the application and then check all the details filled in to avoid mistakes before submitting.
- Now submit the filled application to the ration office employee and all the required documents.
- After accepting the filled application, the ration office employee will go through all the details filled in the application.
- According to the details, if you are eligible for the ration card, you will get a receipt to tell you that your application has been accepted, and you will get your ration card within a few days. You can check your ration card status by going to the nearest office.
- The supply officer will hold a verification process to check whether all the application details are correct.
- If everything goes well, your ration card will be sanctioned.
- You will get your ration card through post to your address, or you will get it by visiting the ration office.
Documents Required For New Ration Card In Maharashtra:
- Application form for New Ration card.
- Address Proof:
- PAN Card
- Aadhaar Card
- Driving License
- Bank Passbook
- Post office Passbook
- Electricity Bill
- Telephone Bill
- Identity Proof:
- PAN Card
- Aadhar Card
- Driving License
- Bank Passbook
- Voter Identity Card
- Employee Identity Card
- A proof that shows the details of the Head of the family.
- Age Proof of the applicant
- Birth Certificate
- School Leaving Certificate
- Aadhar Card
- Bonafide Certificate
- Income certificate or a copy of a document that shows the total income earned by the family. This is to determine whether the applicant is eligible for a ration card.
- Income tax statement copy
- Circle officer verification report
- Form 16, if salary received
- Retirement or salary holders bank certificate.
- A copy of the land document is mandatory, if the applicant owns the land.
The concerned authorities cancel ration cards automatically for families with a ration card who fall into the ineligible category. So you may never know when your ration card update happened, and seeing your ration card status is advisable now and then. People who hold a Ration Card and in the BPL List of Maharashtra are eligible to apply for the PAHAL scheme for new gas connection with subsidy.
The state governments in India issue ration cards. Unlike other cards, there is no compulsion that every citizen should have the ration card. There are two types of ration cards. They are Priority Household Ration cards and Antyodaya Anna Yojana Ration Cards. Under Priority Household Ration Cards, the cardholders can receive 5 kilograms of food grains monthly. Under Antyodaya Anna Yojana Ration Cards, the cardholder can receive 35 kilograms of food grains.