TNPDS.Gov.In Login Smart Card: TNPDS stands for Tamil Nadu Public Distribution System. TNPDS is a portal by the Tamil Nadu Government to apply for a smart ration card online. Tamil Nadu government simplified the TNPDS ration card application procedure and enabled online submission of applications for TNPDS ration cards.
It is a part of the digitization process going around the country. Through the TNPDS Smart ration card, The government of Tamil Nadu has also made applications and other ration card related services accessible online. The TNPDS smart card will be available in digital form.
This article will discuss how to apply for TNPDS Smart Card Online, How to download the smart card, eligibility criteria, documents required, and other information.
How To Login/Register In TNPDS.Gov.In Smart Card Online?
The Tamil Nadu Government has made it easier for citizens to apply for the Smart Ration Card. The Citizens of Tamil Nadu can apply for the Ration Card online through the TNPDS portal without visiting government offices. The following are the steps to register for a Smart TNPDS Ration Card online.
- Open the official website of TNPDS. I.e., www.tnpds.gov.in
- After logging in to the home screen, go to “Smart Card Application Services” and click “Apply New Smart Card”.
- On the next page, you must fill out the application form by providing important details such as the Name of the Family Head, Address Details, Details of Family members, Details of Gas Connection, choose the Card Option, proof of residence, and upload the Family head photo, proof of residence document.
- Once you have completed all the details, click the “Submit” button.
- After submitting the application form, you will get a “Reference Number” to your registered mobile number. You must keep the reference number safe for future correspondence.
TNPDS Smart Card Status Check Online:
Once you have applied for the TNPDS Smart Ration Card, it will take a few days to approve your application. Meanwhile, you can check out the status of your application through the TNPDS portal. The following are the steps to check the status of the TNPDS Smart Card online.
- Go to the official website of TNPDS.
- You must click the “Smart Card Application Status” option under the “Smart Card Application Services” section.
- On the next page, you must enter the “Reference Number” sent to your registered mobile number during registration.
- After inputting the reference number, click on the “Submit” button.
- Then the application status will appear on the screen.
How To Do TNPDS.Gov.In Smart Card Download?
Once your application is approved, you can download the TNPDS Smart Ration Card through the TNPDS portal. The following are the steps to download the TNPDS Smart Card using the official website of TNPDS.
- The applicant should visit the official website of TNPDS.
- After logging in to the main screen, click “Citizen Login,” available on the home page’s left side.
- On the next page, enter your “Mobile Number” that was registered with your ration card along with the “Captcha code” displayed on the screen and then click on the “Submit” button.
- Now, you will receive an OTP on your mobile number and Must enter the OTP.
- Now, an option named “Smart Card Print” is pressed on it.
- Finally, the smart card will be saved on your system in PDF format, and you can take a printout of your smart card.
How To Apply For TNPDS Smart Card Offline?
If any citizen is unable to apply through an online portal, then they will go to an offline method. The following are the steps to apply for TNPDS smart card offline.
- The applicant should visit the respective ration shop.
- You have to take the application from the ration shop.
- You must complete the application form and attach the required documents.
- After completing the application form, submit the form to the concerned department.
- A reference number will be generated. You must keep the reference number safe, which will be helpful for future reference.
Documents Required For TNPDS Smart Card:
The following are the documents required while applying for the TNPDS Smart Card.
- Aadhaar Card
- Pan Card
- Recent Passport Size Photograph
- Bank Passbook
- Caste / Category certificate
- Income certificate
- Telephone / Electricity bill
- Gas connection details
Eligibility Criteria To Apply For TNPDS Smart Card:
The following are the eligibility criteria to apply for TNPDS Smart Card
- The citizen who wants to apply for a TNPDS smart card must be a permanent resident of Tamil Nadu.
- Applicant should have no other ration cards in Tamil Nadu and from other states of India.
- Applicants applying for TNPDS smart cars must fall under the government of Tamil Nadu income criteria.
- The family members must not be lawyers, doctors, chartered accountants, or architects.
- Farmers with fewer than 4 acres of land property can have TNPDS White Smart Card.
- The Applicant or any family members applying should not own a four-wheeler vehicle or pay professional, GST, or any other income tax.
Types Of TNPDS Smart Ration Card:
The Tamil Nadu government provides different kinds of ration cards. We have mentioned the details of the TNPDS Smart Ration Card below.
- White Cards: The authorities issue white cards for an extra 3 kg of sugar over the prescribed quota.
- Light Green Cards: The fair price shop issues light green cards for rice and other commodities.
- Khaki Cards: Police personnel up to the rank of Inspectors issue khaki cards.
- No Commodity Cards: The government only issues commodity cards to people not entitled to draw any commodity from ration shops.
The TNPDS Smart Ration card serves as a crucial official document utilized by eligible households to obtain discounted food grains. Additionally, it can be used as a means of verifying one’s identity and address. The main objective of the TNPDS smart card is to enhance access to affordable or subsidized food grains and other essential goods for individuals with limited financial resources.