Aasara Pension Scheme: Aasara pension scheme is social welfare scheme launched by the Department of Rural Development, Government of Telangana. The primary goal of the Aasara pension scheme is to provide financial assistance to the Old age people, widows, Weavers, Toddy Tappers, People with HIV-AIDS, and people with disabilities living in poverty. In 2014, the Aasara scheme was launched, and since then, it has given the beneficiaries monthly pensions to support their basic needs and living expenses.
This article will discuss Aasara Pension online application process, the offline application process, eligibility criteria, and other information.
Aasara Pension Scheme Overview:
|Name of the Scheme||Aasara Pension Scheme|
|Name of the State||Telangana|
|Name of the Department||Department of Rural Development|
|Beneficiaries||Disabled Persons, Widow, Old Age People, Weavers, Toddy Tappers, and persons with HIV-AIDS|
|Apply Process||Online & Offline|
|Benefits||Providing Financial Support every month|
Aasara Pension Telangana Apply Process:
The application process for the Aasara Pension scheme is very easy and can be done online or offline. The applicant can apply for the pension using the official website of Greater Warangal Municipal Corporation (GWMC) or visit the nearest MeeSeva Center in their area and submit the application form. There are two ways to apply for the Telangana Aasara Pension Scheme. I.e., Online & Offline Application Processes.
Online Application Process For People In GWMC Region:
If anyone wants to apply for Aasara Scheme Online, follow the below steps.
- Visit the official website of GWMC. i.e., https://gwmc.gov.in.
- The home screen will appear; scroll down the page to find “Online Applications.”
- Select the “Pension Application” option under the online application section.
- After that, the “Online Pension Application” form will display.
- Here, you must enter “Mobile Number” and “Captcha Code” and then click on the “Sent OTP” button.
- Enter the OTP that will be sent to your mobile number.
- The Online application form will appear on the next page.
- You must enter the required details like age, income, bank account details, etc., and upload documents such as Aadhaar Card, Self- Declaration form, Property tax receipt, Bank Passbook, and FSC card.
- Once you have completed all the details, check the details again and then press the “Submit” button.
- Finally, your Telangana Aasara Scheme application will be submitted successfully.
Offline Application Process:
If you want to apply for Telangana Aasara Scheme offline, follow the steps below.
- The citizen should visit the nearest “MeeSeva” centre.
- You have to request for “Aasara Pension Scheme” application form and fill it with the necessary details like name, address, age, income, and bank account details and attach the required documents like an Aadhaar card, age proof, income certificate, and bank passbook.
- Submit the application form to the concerned MeeSeva operator.
- The MeeSeva operator will verify the details and documents and enter the pieces into the online portal.
- Once the application is submitted, it will be verified by the concerned officer. If everything is fine, the pension amount will be credited to the beneficiary’s bank account every month.
How To Download Telangana Aasara Pension Application Form Online?
The following are the steps to download the Aasara Pension Application form online.
- Visit the official website of Telangana Government MeeSeva. I.e., https://ts.meeseva.telangana.gov.in.
- Once opening the home screen, go to the “Application Form” option under the “Home” section.
- The application forms page will open, scroll down the page, and you will finally find the “Aasara Pension” option. Click on it.
- You will get two options. They are “Asara Pension English” and “Aasara Pension Telugu.”
- You have to click on any one option then the Aasara Application Form will be downloaded into your system in PDF Format.
- Take a printout of the application form and enter all the necessary details.
- Attach the necessary document and submit the application form to the respective authorities.
How To Check Telangana Aasara Pension Scheme Application Status?
The applicant can check the status of their Aasara application using the official website of GWMC. The following are the steps to check the status of Aasara Pension.
- Open the official website of GWMC.
- After opening the home page, click the “Pension Application” option under the “Online Applications” section.
- Press on “Search Application Status” on the next page
- The next page will appear; here, enter “Application Reference No” and “Captcha Code” and then click on “Search Application Status.”
- Then the application status details will appear on the screen
Telagana Aasara Pension Eligibility Criteria:
- The applicant must be a resident of Telangana State.
- The applicant’s family income should not be less than two lakhs per annum.
- The applicant should be above 65 for the old age pension.
- For Weaver’s assistance, the period should be 50 years and above.
- To get the Widow pension, the applicant should be above 18 years.
- For Toddy Tappers pension age should be 50 years and above.
- People undergoing Anti Retroviral Therapy are eligible for an HIV-AIDS Art pension.
- For disabled persons, there is no age limit to apply for the Aasara pension.
- Disabled persons should have a minimum of 40% disability under the SADAREM assessment.
- For people who are deaf or hard of hearing, the minimum disability should be 51%.
- The applicant should not be a receipt of any other pension scheme from the government.
Necessary Documents To Apply For Telangana Aasara Pension:
The following are the documents required to apply for Telangana Aasara Pension.
- Aadhaar Card
- Age Certificate
- Bank Account Passbook
- Disability Certificate in case of disability
- Email id
- IFSC Code
- Income Certificate
- Mobile Number (OTP Purpose)
- Passport size photo
- Post Office Saving Account
- Residence Certificate
- Xerox copy of registration in the Co-operative Society of Toddy Tappers
- Death Certificate of the Spouse (for Widow Pension)
- Medical Certificate from the concerned Hospital (HIV-AIDS Persons)
The Aasara Scheme has been improving the lives of thousands of beneficiaries in Telangana. The scheme is also helping to reduce poverty and improve the socio-economic conditions of the state. The Aasara Pension scheme is an excellent initiative by Telangana Government. The project has been successful in helping those in need by giving them financial support, and it has improved the lives of the beneficiaries.