Driving License Telangana: Transport Department, Government of Telangana, is responsible for issuing a Driving License in the State. To obtain a Driving License in Telangana, first, get a learner’s license by passing a written test on traffic rules and regulations. The test can be taken online or at Regional Transport Office in Telangana.
Upon receiving the Learner’s License, applicants can apply for a permanent one. After passing the driving test put on by the Telangana State Transport Department, an unlimited driving license can be acquired. This article will delve into the Learner’s License Application Process, Permanent License Application Process, eligibility requirements, document specifics, and other related information.
How To Apply for a Driving License In Telangana?
The Government of Telangana now simplified the procedure to get a Driving License. The citizens of Telangana easily apply for Driving License using Telangana Transport Department Portal. The following are the steps to apply for Driving License in Telangana.
- The applicant should visit the Telangana Transport Department Portal.
- And choose the “Permanent License” option under the “License” tab.
- Read the Permanent License procedure on the next page, scroll down, and click the “Clik here to book Driving License Slot” link.
- Read the covid norms, click the “Continue” option, and press the “I Agree” button.
- Now, you must enter “Learning License Number,” “Date Of Birth,” and “Mobile Number” and then click on “Request for OTP.”
- Once you have received the OTP, enter it and also enter the “Captcha Code.”
- After that, enter the Application Information like “Name,” “Sur Name,” “Father/Husband Name,” “Gender,” “LLR Issue Date,” “Transaction Type,” and “Aadhaar Number” .and then click on “Submit” button.
- And click on the “Make Payment” link and enter the “Learning License Number” and “Date of Birth,” and then press on the “Print/Make Payment” button and complete the payment.
- Take a printout of the application receipt and carry it to the RTO on the date of the driving competence test.
- You must satisfy the RTO inspector with your driving skills and finish the biometric submission process.
- Once verification is done, the RTO will post your Driving License in a couple of days.
- Or you can download Driving License in Telangana using the same online portal with the reference number.
Telangana Learner’s License Apply Process:
The following are the steps to apply for Learner’s License in Telangana.
- The applicant should visit the official website of the Transport Department, Government of Telangana State. i.e., https://transport.telangana.gov.in.
- The home screen will appear before you; go to the “License” section and click the “Learner’s License” option.
- On the next screen, Scroll down the page and click “Click here for Learners License Slot.”
- Covid Terms and Conditions appear on the next page; read the instructions, click the “Continue” button, and then click the “I Agree” icon.
- The Online Learner License Slot Booking page will open; enter the necessary details carefully.
- You have to select “District” and “Test Center” from the drop-down list and enter the “Mobile Number,” and then click on the “Request for OTP” button.
- After receiving the OTP, enter it in the corresponding box and enter the “Captcha” code.
- Click the “Make Payment or confirmation slip or cancellation or modification slot” link.
- You must enter “Name,” “Sur Name,” and “Date of Birth” on the next page and then click on the “Print/Make Payment” option.
- After making the payment, your Learner License Slot will book successfully.
- After that, take the computer test to get your Learner’s License and practice your driving skill for a month.
Telangana Driving License Offline Apply Procedure:
The following are the steps to apply for Driving License offline in Telangana.
- After gathering the necessary documents for your LL application, visit your local Telangana RTO office.
- You must request an application form for Learner’s License and fill it out correctly.
- Now, you must submit the application form and the required documents and pay the amount to get your receipt and application number.
- Then the applicant should take the preliminary test to get LL and complete the DL application process at the RTO.
- In the RTO office, they will give you a DL application ID, payment receipt, and a slot for your driving competence test.
- You can attempt the driving test and follow the instructions of the RTO official.
- If you clear the driving test successfully, the RTO will post or courier your Driving License to your address in a few days.
Driving License Telangana Status Check:
- The applicant should visit the official website of “Parivahan Sewa.” I.e., https://parivahan.gov.in
- The home screen will appear; tap “Informational Services” and press the “Know your License Details” option.
- The Know Your Driving License Status page will open.
- Now, you have to enter “Driving License Number,” “Date Of Birth,” and “Verification Code” and then click on the “Check Status” button.
- Then your Driving License status details will appear on the screen.
Eligibility Criteria To Apply For a Driving License In Telanaga:
- The applicant who has completed Sixteen can apply for a Driving license to drive a motorcycle without gear.
- The Candidate who is eighteen years old is eligible to apply for a Driving license to drive a motor vehicle other than a transport vehicle.
- The Candidate who has reached the age of twenty will be qualified to apply for a permit to drive a transport vehicle.
Telangana Driving License Document Details:
The following documents are required to apply for a Driving license in Telangana.
- Aadhaar Card
- Ration Card
- Multi-Purpose Household Card
- Pay Slip issued by a Public Sector organization showing his Office or Residential address.
- Municipal Tax Notice or Receipt.
- Bank Passbook
- Cooking Gas Connection Enrollment letter
- Electricity Bill
- Water Bill issued by the Municipality
- Telephone Bill
- School Certificate
- Birth Certificate
- Voter ID
- Life Insurance Policy
Transport Department, Government of Telangana issues Driving License for various vehicles, including motorcycles, cars, and commercial vehicles. The Driving License is a Legal Document that authorizes the holder to drive a vehicle on the roads in Telangana, and it must be carried at all times while going. A Driving License is also used as proof of identity and proof of address for several government-related services.