NREGA.NIC.IN Job Card: The National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (NREGA) is the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MGNREGA). It is an Indian Labour Law and Society measure that aims to guarantee the “Right to Work.” The NREGA Act was passed on August 23rd, 2005. NREGA provides all rural households in India with 100 days of unskilled physical labour.
NREGA mandates the government to swiftly generate employment opportunities, with the possibility of households taking legal action if compliance is lacking. Typically, the work focuses on durable asset projects such as roads, canals, ponds, and wells. There are stringent guidelines governing fund utilization, including a minimum 60:40 pay-to-material ratio. This article will delve into NREGA’s primary objectives, eligibility criteria for the NREGA scheme, NREGA job card specifics, payment status under NREGA, and additional relevant information.
NREGA Job Card Registration Process Using UMANG Portal:
The following are the steps to apply for the NREGA Job Card online using the UMANG portal.
- Open the official website of UMANG. I.e., https://web.umang.gov.in
- Click on the “Login / Register” option on the top of the right side of the home page.
- The UMANG login page will open. Enter your “Mobile Number” and “MPIN,” then click on the “Login” button.
- If you are a new user, click the “New on Umang – Register here” option.
- The Umang registration form will open; here, you should enter your “Mobile Number,” and you will get an OTP; enter the same on the respective box.
- You must log in to the portal after finishing the registration process.
- Go to the “Services” section and select the “MGNERA” option under the “Youth. Skill and Employment” tab.
- Or you can directly search by typing “MNERGA” in the search box and clicking on it.
- The next page will open; click the “Apply for Job Card” link here.
- After that, the NREGA application form will open, and you must fill out the application form carefully.
- Now, you must scan and upload the necessary documents and click the “Submit” button.
- You will receive a reference number after submitting the application form. You have to keep it safe for future reference.
- In this way, you can apply for the NREGA Job Card.
NREGA Job Card Registration Process (Offline Method):
If any citizen wants to apply for the NREGA job card, the citizen should follow the below steps.
- The applicant should visit the Gram Panchayat Office.
- You have to ask for the application form regarding the NREGA job card fill out the form and then submit the form at the gram panchayat office.
- Once the verification process is completed, the NREGA job card will be issued to you.
- In this way, you can register for the NREGA job card
How To Download The NREGA.NIC.IN Job Card?
The following are the steps to download the National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (NREGA) job card.
- To download the NREGA Job Card, the applicant should open UMANG’s Portal.
- After logging into the portal, go to the “Services” section and search by entering the “MGNREGA” keyword in the search box and clicking on it.
- Another way to go to MGNREGA is by selecting the “Youth. Skill and Employment” tab under the search bar in the “Services” section.
- Click on the “Download Job Card” link in the new window.
- You must enter your unique “Job Card Number” and click the “Search” button.
- The NREGA Job Card will appear on the screen, and you can download the card by selecting the “Download” option.
How To Check NREGA.NIC.IN Payment Status?
The following are the steps to check the payment status or list of NREGA online.
- Visit NREGA’s official website, i.e., https://nrega.nic.in
- Scroll down the home page and click the “Payment Dashboard” option.
- The Payment Performance Dashboard – Login page will open; here, enter your “Mobile Number,” “Password,” and “Security Code,” and then click on the “Login” button.
- After logging into the dashboard, you will get the payment status of the NREGA.
NREGA.NIC.IN Key Objectives:
NREGA is described as the biggest and most ambitious social project ever. It was designed with the following key objectives.
- For every worker who volunteers for unskilled labour, 100 days or more of paid rural employment must be produced.
- Proactively ensuring social inclusion through enhancing the rural poor’s source of income.
- Construction of long-lasting infrastructure in rural areas, such as roads, canals, ponds, and wells.
- Reduce the number of rural areas to urban migrants.
- To build rural infrastructure by using untapped rural labour.
Necessary Document Details For NREGA Job Card Registration:
To register for NREGA.NIC.IN Job Card, the applicant should submit identity proof and address proof.
The following are the details of the documents for NREGA job card registration.
- Aadhaar Card
- Voter ID Card
- PAN Card
- Ration Card
- Bank Passbook
- Recent Passport Size Photos.
Eligibility Criteria for NREGA Scheme:
The central government administers the National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (NREGA) in rural areas of all states, and they have kept the eligibility criteria for NREGA.NIC.IN simple. So many rural people can benefit from the scheme as long as they are adults and reside in the local area. The following are the eligibility criteria to get NREGA scheme benefits.
- The applicant should be a citizen of India.
- At the time of application, the job seeker has to complete 18 years of age.
- The NREGA applicant must be part of the local household. That is, the application must be made with the local gram panchayat.
- The applicant must be a volunteer of unskilled labour.
Latest News Updates On NREGA:
May 18th, 2023: A boar attacked two Telangana people doing their job under the NREGA program. With serious injuries, both victims were taken to hospital and got their needful treatment.
Per the doctor’s report, both the victims are out of danger but need rest for a few days to return to doing their NREGA jobs.
FAQs On NREGA:
What is the main objective of the National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (NREGA)?
The main objective of the NREGA is to provide at least 100 days of guaranteed wage employment, in a financial year, to every rural household where adults can do unskilled manual work.
What is the official website of NREGA?
The official website of NREGA is https://nrega.nic.in
Who can apply for NREGA job card registration?
Any adult member of a household can apply for registration.
NREGA Job Card – https://nrega.nic.in:
The National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (NREGA) is a national rural employment program that aims to provide jobs for rural people. It is an important component of the Indian government’s efforts to reduce poverty and promote economic growth. Enhances rural economic activities by providing financial and technical assistance to create employment. It involves the creation of employment through the utilization of rural labour. NREGA also aims at creating and maintaining rural infrastructure, such as roads, wells, ponds and irrigation facilities.
The objective of the NREGA is to create sustainable and productive employment. The NREGA scheme aims at creating jobs for rural people by providing them with unskilled rural employment. The scheme also aims at creating rural economic activities by providing financial assistance to establish and run small projects like water and power supply, perennial irrigation, and rural roads.
Uttar Pradesh became the first state in India to start the implementation of NREGA. The scheme’s implementation in the state is under the supervision of the state government. The remaining states (except Assam and Sikkim) are expected to start the implementation of NREGA in the coming years.