TS e-Challan Check Status: A Challan is a document issued in the name of a vehicle driver if that driver is discovered to be breaking the traffic rules & regulations. If a traffic challan is issued in Telangana state, the offender is responsible for paying the penalty.
Under the 1988 Motor Vehicle Act, the penalty depends on the type of violation. If a person does not follow the traffic rule, the Telangana traffic police have the authority to issue a challan. Documents generated electronically through the Electronic Challan System are referred to as “e-Challans”
This article will discuss paying the TS Challan online using various methods, Status checks, and other information.
How To Pay TS e-Challan Using Parivahan.Gov.In Portal?
If any citizen of Telangana crosses the traffic rules, they should pay the fine. The following are the steps on how to pay the TS Challan using the Parivahan e-Challan portal.
- Open the official website of Parivahan e-Challan. I.e.,https://echallan.parivahan.gov.in/
- When the home page appears, select the “Pay Online” option.
- The next page will appear. Here, you have to enter “Challan Number,” “Vehicle Number,” or “DL Number”.
- And also, enter the Captcha code and press the “Get Details” button.
- On the next page, you will get every detail about the e-Challan.
- Then select the “Pay Now” button under the payment column and proceed further.
- You must select a payment method from the available choices. Use a credit card, debit card, or online banking to pay.
- Once you have completed the payment, you will a confirmation message to your registered mobile number.
How To Check TS Challan Status Online Using Parivahan Portal?
The following are the steps to check the Telangana State e-Challan status online.
- Visit the official website of the Parivahan portal.
- Once logged into the main screen, go to the “Check Online Services” tab and click “Check Challan Status”.
- You must enter your “DL Number” or “Vehicle Number” on the next page.
- If there is no fine and e-Challan issued against you, you will see a dialogue window that says “A Challan not Found”.
- If a pending fine or e-Challan is issued against your name, a page will open showing you all the details about the challan.
- In this way, you can check the status of the TS e-Challan online.
How To Pay TS e-Challan Using Telangana State Police Portal?
- Open the official website of TS police i.e., https://echallan.tspolice.gov.in/.
- Enter “Vehicle Number,” answer the security question on the Home screen, and click the “GO” button.
- On the next page, you will get the e-Challan list. Select the one you need to pay against.
- Verify the details and pay using Internet banking, credit card, or debit card.
- Once you have completed the payment, you will get a receipt to help you as a reference ID for tracking purposes.
TS E Challan Status: How To Pay TS Police Challan Using Paytm App?
- Open the Paytm App on your mobile or tablet.
- Click “View More” in the “Recharge & Bill Payments” area.
- On the “My Bills & Recharges” page, go to the “Transit” section and click on the “Challan” option.
- The “Pay Traffic Challan” page will open. Here, you must choose “Telangana Traffic Police” from the given list.
- Enter your “Vehicle Number” and press “Proceed” to continue.
- Vehicle details, due amount, and challan number details will appear on the next page, verify the details and click the “Proceed to Pay” option.
- You must choose your preferred mode of payment.
- A payment summary will appear on the next page. You must click the “Pay Now” button and complete the payment process to confirm the transaction.
TS e-Challan Check: How To Pay Using An Offline Method?
If Telangana State citizens want to pay their e-Challan offline, they must follow the steps below.
- The citizen should visit the nearest traffic police station with a copy of her Telangana e-Challan.
- Contact the appointed organizations in charge of traffic fine collection and pay the fee in cash.
Traffic Violation Penalty Charges in Telangana State:
The following are the latest penalty charges in Telangana State.
- For underage driving, the penalty is Rs. 500/-.
- Driving without a license, the penalty is Rs. 500/-. (Apply For Driving License)
- Driving without vehicle registration, the penalty is Rs. 2000/-.
- Driving with expired insurance, the penalty is Rs. 1000/-.
- One – Way road violation, the penalty is Rs. 200/-.
- For offences/violations committed in prohibited areas, the penalty is Rs. 200/-.
- Reckless driving, the penalty is Rs. 200/-.
- Violating a U-turn, the penalty is Rs. 200/-.
- Travelling on the footboard of a vehicle, the penalty is from Rs 50 /- to Rs 200/-.
- Not wearing a helmet, the penalty is Rs. 200/-.
- Driving an over-weight motor vehicle, the penalty is Rs. 1000 per tonne or court.
- The penalty for unauthorized interference associated with a vehicle is Rs. 100/-.
- For an unauthorized person driving a vehicle, the penalty is Rs. 1000/-.
- Driving on the wrong side of the road, the penalty is Rs. 1100/-.
FAQs On TS Challan:
What are the websites available in Telangana to pay e-Challans?
The following websites are available in Telangana to pay e-Challans.
Is TS Traffic Challan and the Telangana State Road Tax is Same?
No, they are not. Road Tax is a mandatory thing that you should pay to the Road Transport department. While an e-Challan is a penalty that you should for any traffic violations.
What is the due date for TS Challan payments?
Telangana traffic e – challans have a 60 days grace period before being paid in full.
Which third-party apps are used to check Telangana’s TS e-Challan Status and payments?
The following app is used to make e-Challan payments in Telangana.
- Paytm app
- ACKO app
- Park + app etc.
The traffic police in Telangana State may issue a fine against any person who is caught breaking the traffic rules and regulations. To pay off these fines, citizens can visit various traffic police stations that are based throughout the state or go online through the official website of TS traffic police. The fined motorists can pay their fines using various means, including credit or debit cards, online banking, and cash.
If they cannot pay the full amount, they can choose to pay only a portion of it online. The e-challan system, which the Telangana State Police operate, allows registered motorists to pay their fines online from the convenience of their own homes. The e-challan system was launched in Telangana in 2016 and has received positive feedback from the general public for being both convenient and easy to use.