Apply for Food License in Amravati Municipal Corporation: If you want to start a restaurant or hotel or any other food production or distribution business in Amravati Municipal Corporation, then you need a food license that will be given by the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India.
The FSSAI (Food Safety and Standards Authority of India) department comes under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare. FSSAI laid many rules and regulations for manufacturing, delivering, or starting a hotel or restaurant. So before applying for a business license, the applicant must follow all the rules perfectly, as food quality may impact public health.
Online Procedure to Apply for Food Licence in Amravati Municipal Corporation
- The applicant should open the government’s official website for a food license. That is https://foscos.fssai.gov.in, where FOSCOS means Food Safety Compliance System and FSSAI means Food Safety and Standards Authority of India.
- Now click on License/Registration.
- You will find three options. They are: Apply for New License/ Registration, Apply for Renewal without sign-in, and Modification of License and Registration. Among them, select “Apply for New License / Registration”.
- It asks the applicant to choose the premises where they will start their business. Applicants must choose General, Railway station, Airport/Seaport.
- After choosing the premise of the operation, it will ask you to choose the state where you will start your operation business. Since you are applying for Food License in Amravati Municipal Corporation, you have to select Maharashtra from the drop-down.
- Then it asks you to select the kind of business. It allows the applicant to make multiple selections.
- Select the options from the given list of options.
- Now choose the limit of the expected turnover of your business.
- After choosing the required details from the given options, click “Proceed” at the bottom of the page.
- Then it will display the type of business you chose and the license required for your business. Then below, you can click on which will take you to the application form for the required license type. For example, if your business needs a state license, it displays “Click Here to Apply for State License for all Businesses”.
- The application and payment procedure has five steps.
Fill in the Name of the company or the business of the applicant and the address details of the premises where the business is about to start. Fill in these details and click on “Save & Next.”
Now select the type of product that is going to be made by your business and click on “Save & Next”. Here system will generate a 17-digit User id which is unique. This id is to be used for future login.
Now fill in all the details of the applicant like identification proof, address proof, and contact details like email, mobile number, etc., and click “Save & Next”.
As mentioned above, provide all the mandatory documents and click on submit.
Application and process fees must be paid online with any of the following: credit card, debit card, net banking, and E-Wallets.
- Now along with the payment, the application will also be submitted. After submission of the application, you will get notified over email about the submission. Later, after some days, you will also get notified that you are sanctioned with the license. You will get your license to your address by post, or you may have to go to the concerned office and collect the license copy.
Offline Procedure to Apply for Food License in Amravati Municipal Corporation:
- Applicants for Food Licenses must approach the commissioner of food safety or the officer-in-charge of the town or the city where the business will be started.
- Ask the concerned officer for the application for a Food License.
- The application can be downloaded from the internet and then get printed. The application for Food License is Form B.
- The applicant should know all the rules and regulations to apply for a food license and check their eligibility criteria before applying.
- Fill in all the details in the application properly.
- Attach all the required proof documents and photographs to the filled application.
- Check everything properly before submitting to avoid mistakes.
- Now submit the application to the officer in charge of food safety along with all the required documents and then make payment for the application.
- Then the concerned authorities will review your application and documents and check whether you are eligible for the food license.
- Then after a few days, an officer from the food safety department will visit the place mentioned to set up your food business and check all the facilities available.
- If all the facilities available are fine and meet the standards of the food safety department, you will get the the food license.
- The applicant will be asked to visit the food safety department office to collect the Food License after a few days.
Documents Required to Apply for Food License in Amravati Municipal Corporation:
Basic documents required for Food Licence:
- Recent Passport size photograph of the food business operator.
- Identification proof of the applicant. Anyone among the following can be submitted as identification proof :
- Aadhaar card
- Ration card
- Pan card
- Driving license
- Passport copy
- Voter identity card
- Address proof of the business. Anyone among the following can be submitted as address proof:
- Sale deed
- Rent agreement
- Electricity bill
- Tax receipt
- Water Bill
- Trade license
Documents required for state or central license:
- Address proof
- Identification proof of the Applicant. The identification proof can be any of the following:
- Aadhar card
- Ration card
- PAN card
- Driving license
- Passport copy
- Voter identity card
- If you are above 60, you can also add proof of senior citizenship.
Other common mandate documents to get Food License in Amravati:
- You should provide a copy of the menu or basic List of food items or the categories of cuisines you will give to the consumer by your business.
- The applicant must provide a layout or a blueprint copy of the building where the food business will be operated.
- Also, include a copy that shows the list of all equipment used in the business area.
- Include Amravati’s municipality or municipal corporation’s NOC (No Objection Certificate).
- Include a copy of the incorporation certificate of your company.
- An Affidavit that is self-declaration of proprietorship.
- A list of partners’ or directors’ details and their identification proofs must be added in case of a big company is formed by more people.
- A report of a water test of the water that is going to be used in cooking food.
Having a food license in India is important if you are in the food consumable business. Though there are few state-level food licenses issuing authorities in Amravati Municipal Corporation, it is advisable to get the approval fssai to market your products all over India.