Kerala Fireman Recruitment 188/2023 Notification: Are you passionate about public safety and eager to serve your community? The Kerala Public Service Commission (Kerala PSC) has opened its doors once again, announcing the Fireman Recruitment for the year 2023. This recruitment presents a golden opportunity for individuals looking to showcase their courage, contribute to public safety, and embark on a rewarding career as a firefighter. In this comprehensive guide, we will delve into the details of the Kerala Fireman Recruitment 188/2023 Notification, exploring the requirements, application process, eligibility criteria, and the significance of this role.
Overview Of Kerala Fireman Recruitment 188/2023 Notification:
The Kerala Fireman Recruitment 188/2023 aims to fill the positions of Fire and Rescue Officer (Trainee) in the Fire and Rescue Services department through direct recruitment. The recruitment process will be conducted by the Kerala Public Service Commission, an esteemed organization responsible for selecting candidates for various government positions.
- Name of the Organization: Kerala PSC
- Department: Fire and Rescue Services
- Type of Recruitment: Permanent
- Category Number: 188/2023
- Position Title: Fire and Rescue Officer (Trainee)
- Total Vacancies: Anticipated Vacancies
- Work Location: Throughout Kerala
- Selection Procedure: Examination, Physical Test, Medical Examination
- Pay Scale: Rs 27,900 – 63,700/-
- Application Method: Online
- Official website: https://www.keralapsc.gov.in/.
Important Dates To Remember – Kerala Fireman Recruitment 188/2023 Notification:
To ensure a smooth application process, it is crucial to be aware of the important dates associated with the Kerala Fireman Recruitment 188/2023. Here are the key dates to remember:
- Online application starts on: 17th August 2023
- Last date of submission of online application: 20th September 2023
Please note that applications must be submitted online only through the official website of the Kerala Public Service Commission after completing the One Time Registration (OTR) process. Candidates who have already registered can easily apply through their profile.
Application (OTR) Process For Kerala Fireman Recruitment 188/2023 – Notification:
If you meet the eligibility criteria and are eager to apply for the Kerala Fireman Recruitment 188/2023, follow these steps to complete the application process:
- Visit the official website of Kerala PSC at https://www.keralapsc.gov.in/.
- The Kerala Public Service Commission home page will appear on the screen.
- On the home page click on the “How to Apply” tab.
- On the next page, if you are a registered customer click on the “Login” link other wise click on the “One Time Registration” or “Sign Up” link.
- If you click on the “Sign Up’ button, the new registration form will appear on the screen.
- On the registration form enter the necessary details and complete the OTR process.
- If you have already registered, log in to your profile using your User ID and password.
- Select the notification for the Fire and Rescue Officer (Trainee) post.
- Enter the category number 188/2023 in the designated space.
- Click on the “Apply Now” button and provide the required information.
- Submit the online application before the closing date, which is 20th September 2023.
Make sure to keep a printout or soft copy of the online application for future reference. It is recommended to double-check all the details before submitting the application to avoid any errors or omissions.
Eligibility Criteria For Kerala Fireman Recruitment 188/2023 – Notification:
Before applying for the Kerala Fireman Recruitment 188/2023, it is essential to understand the eligibility criteria set by the Kerala Public Service Commission. To be considered for the position of Fire and Rescue Officer (Trainee), candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Must have passed Plus Two or its equivalent examination.
- Preferential: Diploma in Computer Application or equivalent qualification admitted in previous selections.
- Candidates must be between the ages of 18 and 26.
- Only candidates born between 02.01.1997 and 01.01.2005 (both dates included) are eligible to apply.
- Age relaxations apply for candidates from Other Backward Communities (OBC) and Scheduled Castes (SC) / Scheduled Groups (ST).
- Height (barefoot):
- General Candidates: 165 cms
- SC/ST Candidates: 160 cms
- General Candidates: 50 Kgs
- SC/ST Candidates: 48 Kgs
- General Candidates: 81 cms
- SC/ST Candidates: 76 cms
- Chest Expansion: 5 cms
In addition to the physical qualifications, candidates must also possess swimming proficiency. The Commission will conduct a practical swimming test, evaluating the candidate’s ability to swim 50 meters within two minutes and demonstrate floating skills for two minutes in the deeper side of a swimming pool.
Selection Process And Salary Details – Kerala Fireman Recruitment 188/2023 Notification:
The selection process for the Kerala Fireman Recruitment 188/2023 consists of multiple stages to ensure the selection of capable candidates. The process includes:
- Written Exam: The written exam will consist of 100 questions, with each question carrying one mark. The duration of the examination will be 1 hour and 15 minutes. A negative marking of ⅓ marks applies for each wrong answer.
- Physical Efficiency Test: Candidates who clear the written exam will proceed to the physical efficiency test, where they must qualify in at least 5 out of 8 items based on the National One Star standard. These items include a 100-meter run, high jump, long jump, shot put, cricket ball throwing, rope climbing, pull-ups or chinning, and a 1500-meter run.
- Medical Examination: Candidates who pass the physical efficiency test will undergo a medical examination to assess their overall physical fitness and suitability for the role.
Successful candidates selected for the position of Fire and Rescue Officer (Trainee) will receive a competitive scale of pay ranging from Rs. 27,900 to Rs. 63,700.
Exam Pattern – Kerala Fireman Recruitment 188/2023 Notification:
Grasping the exam pattern is crucial for effective strategy and time management. The Kerala PSC Fireman Exam adheres to this structured format:
- Total Questions: 100
- Total Marks: 100 (1 mark per question)
- Negative Marking: Deduction of ⅓ for each incorrect response
- Exam Duration: 1 Hour 15 minutes
Physical Efficiency Test:
Successful candidates from the written exam progress to this stage.
Physical Efficiency Test – Kerala Fireman Recruitment 188/2023 Notification:
Candidates must achieve qualification in a minimum of 5 out of 8 components in the National Physical Efficiency One Star Standard test, as indicated by the following minimum efficiency standards:
|SI No.||Items||Minimum Standards of Efficiency|
|1||100 Meters run||14 Seconds|
|2||High Jump||132.20 cms|
|3||Long Jump||457.20 cms|
|4||Putting the Shot (7264 gms)||609.60 cms|
|5||Throwing the Cricket Ball||6096 cms|
|6||Rope Climbing (only with hands)||365.80 cms|
|7||Pull Up or Chinning||8 times|
|8||1500 Metres Race||5 minutes and 44 seconds|
Exam Syllabus And Mark Distribution – Kerala Fireman Recruitment 188/2023 Notification:
To excel in the written exam, it is crucial to familiarize yourself with the syllabus and mark distribution. Here is a breakdown of the subjects and marks allocation for the Kerala Fireman Recruitment 188/2023:
|Constitution of India||8|
|Kerala – Administration and Administrative Systems||3|
|Biology and Public Health||4|
|Art, Sports, Literature, Culture||4|
|Simple Arithmetic, Mental Ability, Observational Skills Test||10|
|Regional Languages (Malayalam, Kannada, Tamil)||10|
It is essential to study each subject thoroughly and allocate sufficient time to prepare for the different topics covered in the exam.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) – Kerala Fireman Recruitment 188/2023 Notification:
What is the required qualification for the Fire and Rescue Officer (Trainee) position?
Applicants must have passed Plus Two or its equivalent examination. A preference is given to candidates who hold a Diploma in Computer Application or equivalent qualification admitted in previous selections.
What is the age limit for applying to this position?
Candidates must be between the ages of 18 and 26. However, age relaxations apply for candidates from Other Backward Communities (OBC) and Scheduled Castes (SC) / Scheduled Groups (ST).
When is the last date for submitting applications?
The last date for submitting applications is 20th September 2023. Ensure that you complete and submit your application before the deadline to avoid any inconvenience.
Conclusion – Kerala Fireman Recruitment 188/2023 Notification:
The Kerala Fireman Recruitment 188/2023 Notification presents a remarkable opportunity for aspiring firefighters to contribute to public safety and serve their community. By understanding the eligibility criteria, application process, selection process, and exam syllabus, you can prepare effectively and increase your chances of success. Remember to stay updated with the official notifications and guidelines provided by the Kerala Public Service Commission throughout the recruitment process. Embrace this opportunity, showcase your courage, and embark on a fulfilling career as a Fire and Rescue Officer.