PM Yasasvi Yojana: In a country like India, where education is highly valued, many students face financial constraints that hinder their pursuit of higher education. Recognizing this challenge, the Government of India has introduced the PM Yasasvi Yojana, a scholarship scheme aimed at providing financial assistance to economically disadvantaged students. Named after the Sanskrit word “Yasasvi,” meaning glorious, the scholarship program aims to empower deserving students from various socio-economic backgrounds, ensuring they have access to quality education and bright future prospects. Under this scheme, meritorious students from socially and economically backward sections of society are eligible to receive scholarships to support their educational aspirations. In this article, we will delve into the details of the PM Yasasvi Yojana, including its objectives, eligibility criteria, application process, benefits, and more.
PM Yasasvi Yojana Overview:
The PM Yasasvi Yojana, launched by the National Testing Agency (NTA) in collaboration with the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, is a national-level scholarship scheme. Its primary objective is to provide financial support to students from marginalized communities, including OBC, EBC, DNT, EWS, and Divyang students. The scholarship aims to bridge the gap between financial limitations and educational aspirations, enabling students to continue their education without any hindrance. Under the PM Yasasvi Scheme, eligible students in the 9th and 11th grades can receive scholarships ranging from INR 75,000 to INR 1,25,000 per year.
|Name of the Organization.||National Testing Agency (NTA).|
|Eligible Students.||9th and 11th Grades.|
|Application Mode.||Online & Offline|
|Application Starting Date.||11th July 2023.|
|Last Date of Application Submission.||10th August 2023.|
|Application form Correction Date.||12th August 2023 to 16th August 2023.|
|Exam Date.||29th September 2023.|
|Admit Card Date.||Will update you soon.|
|Examination Method.||Paper Pen (OMR)|
|Exam Duration.||2.5 hours (150 minutes)|
Eligibility Criteria For PM Yasasvi Yojana:
To be eligible for the PM Yasasvi Scheme, students must meet the following criteria:
- Academic Eligibility: Students must be enrolled in either the 9th or 11th grade in a recognized educational institution.
- Socio-Economic Background: The scholarship is specifically designed for students from economically weaker sections, including OBC, EBC, DNT, EWS, and Divyang students.
- Minimum Percentage: Students must maintain a minimum academic performance, as specified by the scholarship guidelines.
- Income Limit: The family income of the student should fall within the prescribed income limit, as per government norms.
Application Process For PM Yasasvi Yojana:
The application process for PM Yasasvi Scheme is conducted both online and offline. Students can choose the method that is most convenient for them.
PM Yasasvi Yojana Online Application Process:
To apply online for the PM Yasasvi Scheme, follow the steps outlined below:
- Visit the official website of the National Testing Agency (NTA) at https://yet.nta.ac.in/.
- The home page will appear on the screen. Here, if you are a registered candidate log in using your “Application Number”, “Password”, and “Security PIN”.
- In case you are not a registered candidate, click on the “New Candidate Register here” link.
- On the next page read the instructions carefully and scroll down the page and click on the check box and then click on “Proceed”.
- The registration form will open. Here, enter the necessary details like personal details, choose a password, and security pin, and then click on the “Submit and Send OTP” button.
- Now, you will receive OTP to your registered mobile number and complete the verification.
- After that, you can log in using your login credentials and access the application form.
- Fill in all the required details accurately, including personal information, academic details, and income details.
- Upload the necessary documents, such as income certificates, caste certificates, and academic records.
- Review the application form to ensure all information is correct.
- Submit the application form online.
PM Yasasvi Yojana Offline Application Process:
For students who prefer the offline application process, the following steps should be followed:
- Obtain the PM Yasasvi Yojana application form from the designated authorities or educational institutions.
- Fill in the application form with the required details, ensuring accuracy and completeness.
- Attach all the necessary documents, such as income certificates, caste certificates, and academic records.
- Submit the completed application form along with the supporting documents to the designated authorities or educational institutions.
Documents Required For PM Yasasvi Yojana:
The following documents are typically required during the application process for the PM Yasasvi Scheme:
- Proof of Identity: Aadhaar card, voter ID card, or any other government-issued identification document.
- Proof of Address: Aadhaar card, ration card, or any other valid address proof.
- Income Certificate: Certificate verifying the family income falls within the prescribed limit.
- Caste Certificate: Certificate confirming the student’s caste category (OBC, EBC, DNT, etc.).
- Academic Records: Previous academic records or mark sheets.
- Passport-sized Photographs: Recent passport-sized photographs of the student.
Selection Process For PM Yasasvi Yojana:
The selection process for the PM Yasasvi Scheme involves a comprehensive evaluation of the applications received. The selection committee considers various factors, including academic performance, socioeconomic background, and the accuracy of the provided information. Shortlisted candidates may be required to appear for an interview or provide additional documentation for verification purposes. The final selection is based on merit and adherence to the scholarship guidelines.
Benefits Of PM Yasasvi Yojana:
The PM Yasasvi Scheme provides several benefits to eligible students:
- Financial Assistance: Selected students receive scholarships ranging from INR 75,000 to INR 1,25,000 per year, which can greatly alleviate the financial burden of education.
- Continuity of Education: The scholarship ensures that students can pursue their education without interruptions due to financial constraints.
- Empowerment: By supporting the education of students from marginalized communities, PM Yasasvi Yojana empowers them to achieve their academic goals and contribute to the nation’s development.
- Recognition and Encouragement: The scholarship scheme recognizes and rewards the academic achievements of deserving students, motivating them to excel further.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) On PM Yasasvi Yojana:
Who is eligible for the PM Yasasvi Yojana?
Students in the 9th and 11th grades from economically weaker sections, including OBC, EBC, DNT, EWS, and Divyang students, are eligible.
How can I apply for the PM Yasasvi Yojana?
You can apply online through the official website of the National Testing Agency (NTA) or submit a physical application form offline.
What is the deadline for PM Yasasvi Yojana’s applications?
The deadline for applications is typically mentioned in the official notification. It is important to submit the application within the specified timeframe.
What are the benefits of PM Yasasvi Yojana?
The PM Yasasvi Scheme provides financial assistance, ensures continuity of education, empowers students, and recognizes their academic achievements.
The PM Yasasvi Yojana is a commendable initiative by the Government of India to support the education of deserving students from economically weaker sections. By providing scholarships, the scheme aims to bridge the gap between financial limitations and educational aspirations. Eligible students can now pursue their education without the burden of financial constraints. The PM Yasasvi Scheme not only empowers students but also recognizes and rewards their academic achievements, motivating them to strive for excellence. Through this scholarship scheme, the government is nurturing the future leaders of the nation and fostering a more inclusive and educated society.