EWS Certificate: EWS means Economically Weaker Section. In India, the category of people having an annual family income lower than 8 lakh rupees comes under EWS. This category of people should not belong to SC/ST/OBC because the people under SC/ST/OBC already have the benefits of reservation for their casts.
The economically weaker section of people from the general category will get 10% reservation in Government jobs and Educational institutions. The Union Council approved this of Ministers on 7th January 2019 and came into force on 14th January 2019.
There are some schemes that the certificate holders can avail of, such as the Post-Matric Scholarship and interest subsidy on educational loans for studies abroad.
Documents Required To Apply For EWS Certificate:
- Caste Certificate: this is to know the caste category of the applicant
- PAN Card
- Aadhar Card: it is used as an address proof and also identity proof of the applicant.
- Ration Card: this is to know the family details of the applicant
- Income Certificate: this is to confirm that the applicant and his/her family’s income per annum is less than 8 lakhs
- Self Declaration affidavit: this is a self-attested statement that tells the documents produced are true.
- Bank statement: this is to know the bank balance of the applicant:
- Residence proof (both present and permanent) is to know the applicant’s address.
- Mobile number: number of the applicant which is in working condition.
- Employment certificate: this is to know the job details of the applicant.
- Documents of land and house and any other properties(if any): this is to show the list of properties that the applicant has registered in his/her name or on the names of his/her family members.
EWS Certificate Eligibility:
- Initially, the applicant must have a certificate of proof that they are a resident of India.
- An income proof that the applicant and his or her family together are not earning more than 8 lakhs per annum.
- If the applicant lives in an urban area, he or she should not own a plot of more than 100 square yards.
- If the applicant lives in a rural area, he or she should not have a plot of more than 200 square yards.
- The applicant or anyone among the applicant’s family members should not have agricultural land of more than 5 acres registered no their names.
- If the applicant belongs to the upper cast, he or she should not own a residential flat of more than 1000 square feet.
How To Apply For EWS Certificate Bihar Using RTPS Portal?
The government of each state has its website to provide the application for the people who require EWS Certificate. The apply for EWS Certificate in Bihar, the procedure can be as follows:
- Visit Bihar state’s official website of Bihar RTPS i.e., https://serviceonline.bihar.gov.in/.
- Go to Online Application which is on the top menu.
- Select Public Services, and tap on General Administrative Department.
- Now click “Issuance of Income and Asset Certificate for Economically Weaker Section”.
- Select any one of the levels as per your requirement.
- Now you will be redirected to the page where you can find the Online Application form for EWS Certificate.
- Fill all the necessary fields in the application without mistakes to avoid rejection of the application.
- Club all the required documents to be submitted as proof along with the filled application.
- Now submit the application and proof documents by selecting the location from the “Apply to the Office” drop-down.
- Enter the captcha and click on Submit button, to apply for EWS Certificate in Bihar.
EWS Certificate Application form:
The EWS Certificate consists of the following fields:
- Applicant Name
- Father Name
- Date of Birth
- Aadhar card number
- Caste Category
- Sub Caste Category
- Door No
- Pin Code
- Mobile Number
- Mail Id
- Ration Card number
- Gross Annual Income includes Salary, Agriculture, Business, Profession, etc., for the financial year before the year of application (Applicant/his/her family*):___________ (In rupees)
Asset Information (Applicant/His/Her/Family):
- 5 Acres of agricultural land and above: Yes/No
- Residential flat of 1000 sq. ft. and above: Yes/No
- A residential plot of 100 sq. yards and above in notified municipalities: Yes/No
- Residential plot of 200 sq. yards and above in areas other than the notified municipalities: Yes/No
Documents To Be Uploaded:
- Application Form*
- Ration Card/Epic Card/Aadhaar Card*
- Copy of IT Returns/Pay Slips(Any other Documents)
- Note: (declarations)
- Signature of the applicant
All the above details must be filled in according to the details in your proof documents. Because there should be no mismatch of detail in the application with the details in the proof. Affix a recent passport-size photo in the given column. After the completion of filling out the application, the date and signature must be done without fail.
EWS Certificate Download Using Bihar RTPS Portal:
If you have already applied for EWS Certificate, you can check the status of the EWS Certificate in the Bihar RTPS Portal. If the status is approved, you can download your EWS Certificate Online. The following are the steps to download your EWS Certificate in Bihar.
- Go to Bihar RTPS Portal i.e., https://serviceonline.bihar.gov.in/.
- Select Civil Section from the top menu.
- Tap on Download Certificate.
- Select the service as RTPS, and enter your application reference number for your EWS certificate.
- Finally, enter your or the applicant’s name and click the Download Certificate button.
Who Can Issue EWS Certificate?
Particular officers only have the authority to sanction the Economically Weaker section certificates to the applicant. The applicant must approach such authorities and submit the application and all the required documents. Some of such authorities are:
- District Magistrate
- Additional District Magistrate
- Deputy Commissioner
- Additional Deputy commissioner
- Extra Assistant Commissioner
- Taluka Magistrate
- Executive Magistrate
- Presidency Magistrate
- Chief Presidency Magistrate
- Additional Chief Presidency Magistrate
- Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tahsildar
- 1st class Stipendiary Magistrate
- Sub-Divisional Magistrate
- Sub-Divisional officer of the area of the applicant’s residence.
The Economically weaker section certificate received by the applicant will be valid only for one year. The people who are economically weak and lost many benefits or reservations because of their financial status and being in a general category will be benefited from the economically weaker section certificate. After completion of the validity time, the applicant needs to apply again for the EWS certificate if he/she needs it.
The certificate holder can use it for a college seat with the reservation gained by the EWS certificate. This certificate can also be used for the job under its reservation benefits. The Economically weaker section certificate provides a 10% reservation for the certificate holders. So this certificate can be used in competitive exams also. Certificate holders can use the certificate for educational coaching for free or for a lesser fee as they cannot afford it.