GATE 2024 Registration: The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is a highly sought-after examination conducted by the Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bengaluru. It serves as a gateway for aspiring engineers to pursue postgraduate programs at prestigious institutions and also opens doors to various career opportunities in public sector enterprises. GATE 2024 is just around the corner, and if you’re planning to appear for the exam, it’s crucial to understand the registration process and eligibility criteria. In this comprehensive guide, we will walk you through all the essential details regarding GATE 2024 registration, including the extended registration date, eligibility criteria, application process, and more.
GATE 2024 Overview:
The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is a national-level examination conducted annually for candidates seeking admission to postgraduate programs such as M.Tech, M.E., and Ph.D. in various engineering and science disciplines. GATE scores are also accepted by several public sector undertakings (PSUs) for recruitment purposes. The exam is jointly conducted by the Indian Institute of Science (IISc) and seven Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) on a rotational basis. Here is the overview of GATE 2024 registration:
- GATE Full Form: Graduate Aptitude Test for Engineering (GATE)
- Conducting Authority: IISC Bangalore
- Total Number of Papers: 30 (Including Data Science & Artificial Intelligence)
- Notification Status: Released
- GATE 2024 Registration: Currently Open
- Registration Deadline (without late fees): 12 October 2023
- Registration Deadline (with late fees): 20 October 2023
- Mode of Examination: Computer Based Test (CBT)
- GATE 2024 Exam Dates: February 3, 4, 10, and 11, 2024
- Number of Questions: 65
- Marks Distribution: 15 Marks (General Aptitude) + 85 Marks (Subject Questions) = 100 Marks (Total)
- Exam Language: English
- Marking Scheme: One Mark and Two Marks
- Negative Marking: Applicable (for MCQ & MSQ)
- Official Website: https://gate2024.iisc.ac.in/
GATE 2024 Registration Date Extended:
Good news for aspiring candidates! The last date for GATE 2024 registration has been extended by IISc, Bengaluru. Candidates can now register for GATE 2024 without any late fee until October 12, 2023. This extension has been provided to accommodate the high volume of applicants. It is advisable to complete the registration process well before the deadline to avoid any last-minute hassles. However, if you miss the extended deadline, there is an option to register with a late fee from October 13 to October 20, 2023.
Eligibility Criteria For GATE 2024 Registration:
Before proceeding with the registration process, it’s essential to ensure that you meet the eligibility criteria for GATE 2024. The eligibility criteria are as follows:
- Candidates must hold a bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology/Architecture from a recognized university or institution.
- Candidates in the final year of their bachelor’s degree program or those who have completed their degree are also eligible to apply.
- There is no age limit to appear for the GATE exam.
- Indian nationals as well as foreign nationals are eligible to apply for GATE 2024.
- There is no specific pass percentage required to appear for the GATE exam.
How To Register For GATE 2024?
The registration process for GATE 2024 is conducted online. Here is a step-by-step guide to help you navigate through the registration process:
Visit the Official Website:
- Visit the official website for GATE 2024 registration at https://gate2024.iisc.ac.in.
- On the home page, go to the “Application” tab on the navigation bar and click on the “Apply Online” option.
Create a New Account:
- The login page will appear on the screen. Scroll down the page and click on the “Register Here” link to create a new account.
- Fill in the necessary details such as your name, email address, mobile number, and password.
- Click on the “Submit” button to create your account.
Login to Your Account:
- After creating your account, login using your registered email address and password.
Fill in the Application Form:
- Once logged in, you will be directed to the GATE 2024 application form.
- Fill in all the mandatory details such as personal information, educational qualification, and contact details.
- Carefully review the information entered before proceeding to the next step.
- Upload the scanned copies of the necessary documents, including your photograph, signature, and supporting certificates.
Pay the Application Fee:
- Pay the application fee online using a debit card, credit card, or net banking.
- The application fee varies depending on the category. Refer to the official website for the fee structure.
Submit the Application Form:
- After successful payment, review all the entered details.
- Click on the “Submit” button to complete the registration process.
Mandatory Documents For GATE 2024 Registration:
To complete the GATE 2024 registration process, you will need to upload the following documents:
- Passport-sized photograph in JPEG format with a maximum size of 480×640 pixels.
- Scanned copy of your signature in JPEG format with a maximum size of 160×560 pixels.
- Scanned copy of your category certificate (if applicable) in PDF format.
- Scanned copy of your qualifying degree certificate or mark sheet in PDF format.
Ensure that all the documents are clear and legible before uploading them.
GATE 2024 Registration Fees:
The registration fee for GATE 2024 varies based on the category. Here is the fee structure:
|Category||Fee (in INR)|
|International candidates||USD 50|
Please note that the fee structure may change, so it’s essential to refer to the official website for the most updated information.
GATE 2024 Exam Pattern:
Understanding the exam pattern is crucial to preparing effectively for the GATE exam. Here are the key highlights of the GATE 2024 exam pattern:
- The GATE exam is conducted in an online computer-based mode.
- The duration of the exam is three hours.
- The question paper consists of multiple-choice questions (MCQs) and numerical answer type (NAT) questions.
- MCQs carry one or two marks each, while NAT questions carry one or two marks.
- There is a negative marking for wrong answers in MCQs, but there is no negative marking for NAT questions.
- Candidates choose their paper, and the GATE exam assigns them one session from multiple sessions.
Syllabus – GATE 2024 Registration:
The GATE syllabus varies depending on the chosen discipline. It covers a wide range of topics, and it’s essential to thoroughly understand the syllabus to prepare effectively for the exam. The official GATE 2024 syllabus can be accessed on the official website.
Important Dates For GATE 2024:
It’s crucial to stay updated with the important dates related to GATE 2024. Here are some key dates to remember:
- GATE 2024 Registration Last Date (without late fee): October 12, 2023
- GATE 2024 Registration Last Date (with late fee): October 20, 2023
- GATE 2024 Exam Dates: February 3, 4, 10, and 11, 2024
- Release of GATE 2024 Admit Card: Will announce
- Declaration of GATE 2024 Result: Will announce
Tips For GATE 2024 Preparation:
Preparing for the GATE exam requires dedication and strategic planning. Here are some tips to help you with your preparation:
- Understand the exam pattern and syllabus thoroughly.
- Create a study plan and allocate sufficient time for each subject.
- Practice previous years’ question papers and mock tests to familiarize yourself with the exam pattern.
- Focus on strengthening your fundamentals in the core subjects.
- Join online forums and discussion groups to interact with fellow aspirants and gain insights.
- Seek guidance from mentors or coaching institutes, if required.
- Stay consistent with your preparation and maintain a positive mindset.
In conclusion, GATE 2024 registration is a crucial step towards your goal of pursuing higher education or securing a job in the public sector. Make sure to read the official notification and follow the registration process diligently. With the right preparation and dedication, you can ace the GATE exam and open doors to a bright future in the field of engineering. Good luck!